£3,000 towards an artistic project
Want to get up to £3,000 towards an artistic project in Slough that fits the theme of our LOVE Slough programme? HOME Slough is looking for creative projects we can fund as part of our LOVE Slough programme in March 2022.
Once you’ve read through the information, if you have any further questions, please drop us an email on email@example.com and one of the team will get back to you.
There’s a PDF version of the LOVE Slough Commission Call Out available to download.
What is LOVE Slough?
LOVE Slough is a town-wide festival that will celebrate all that’s great about Slough and its communities.
Events and creative projects will take place in March 2022 and explore all that makes Slough a brilliant place to live. We’ll celebrate our communities, bring pride to our town, and have fun whilst doing so. LOVE Slough is for everyone in Slough – you, us, me.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to fund artists, organisations or groups who have a creative idea that can fit within our LOVE Slough programme. Responding to the theme of “I love Slough”, your creative idea can be anything creative that has a public output. This could be an exhibition, a performance, a community event, a dance, flash mob, workshop, a micro festival, anything with creativity at its heart.
It will need to be delivered no later than Sunday 20th March 2022.
We’re particularly interested in work that:
- Engages with the local Slough community
- Is accessible to as many people as possible
- Represents the diversity of Slough.
Other criteria we’ll be assessing pitches on include:
- Bringing a sense of pride and celebration to Slough
- Free to participate
- Relevant to Slough and its residents
- Projects that consider sustainability.
All projects will be selected by the LOVE Slough Commissioning Panel, a group of volunteers from the Slough community.
What do you get?
If your idea is successful, you get the following:
- A commission of up to £3000 to develop and present your creative idea as part of LOVE Slough. You will need to provide an indicative budget so we can understand how you want to spend the money.
- Producing guidance from HOME Slough’s Creative Producer and associated Producers.
- Promotion through HOME Slough’s existing marketing and LOVE Slough campaign.
- A supportive environment to develop and deliver your creative idea, including networking with other LOVE Slough commissioned artists.
What can you spend the commission on?
As part of the commission, you are responsible for determining what (or who) you need to deliver your idea.
We understand that creative ideas take many forms, and its important to fund what you need to get your idea off the ground.
However, there are a few restrictions on what you can spend the commission on. We won’t be able to accept proposals that include:
- Equipment (asset) buying. This includes technical equipment or musical instruments. You can use the commission to hire any necessary equipment.
- Support activity that takes place outside of Slough.
- Work that happens within schools. Our funding restricts us from doing work within school settings including Higher Education
What we expect from you
HOME Slough will expect a few things if you receive a commission from us.
- Delivery of your commission by Sunday 20 March 2022.
- Regular updates on progress.
- Keeping to our brand guidelines when you produce any marketing yourself.
- Full credits for HOME Slough as the commissioners of the project.
- Asking you to be involved in any marketing opportunities or PR requests as part of the promotion of LOVE Slough.
- Completion of evaluation materials that help us with our funding.
Who can apply?
- Anyone over the age of 18 can apply including organisations and community groups.
- You do not need to be based within Slough – however all activity must take place within the Town.
- You do not need previous experience of arts-related projects to apply.
Please note we are not able to fund schools (or activity happening within schools) due to restrictions of our funding.
You’ll need to tell us about yourself, the idea, who it will involve/engage and how much it will cost.
Our panel, made up of members of our Community Programming Board and the HOME Slough team, will read all applications and be in touch should you be successful.
When we are considering your ideas, we may get in touch if we need more details or have questions about any aspect of your proposal.
Applications to be submitted by Friday 14 January, 10am.
We will aim to get back to everyone by the end of Friday 28 January if you have been successful.
Got any questions?
If you have further questions ahead of submitting an idea, drop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will get back to you.
FAQ for LOVE Slough Commission Call
For this call out we have capped funding at £3k. If your proposed work costs more than £3k we would encourage you to seek additional funding from other sources.
Yes! You can apply up to £3k of support. We imagine the smallest project we will fund will need £500 of support.
Due to our funding restrictions, we cannot fund work that happens directly in schools.
The LOVE Slough programme will be taking place in March. All activities will need to have happened by the end of March in line with our funding cycle.
Anything that has arts at its heart. This could be a dance, a performance, a music show, comedy gig, film, knitting or more!
Yes you can apply as an individual.
We’ll need to ensure that you have adequate support to produce your project and you will be required to demonstrate the specifics of your budget.
We may ask for further information from you, and may limit funding to £500.
Yes. All projects and activities need to take place in Slough.
HOME Slough works in a co-creation method with the Slough community. All our work comes from or is developed with the community and as such we are asking what community group you are considering or will work with as part of your project. If you haven’t got a particular community in mind, we will be asking you to think and explore this. We can even support you in finding one, which can be discussed should you are successful at meeting with the Commissioning Panel.
We will be prioritising Slough based individuals, groups or organisations, however we welcome applications from people based beyond Slough provided the work and those who engage with it will be within Slough.
Yes, you can also record a video responding to the questions and sending us a link to email@example.com.