HOME Slough is about more people choosing, creating and taking part in brilliant art experiences in Slough.
Our aim is to revitalise the arts in Slough, providing new and innovative opportunities for people to both experience and express creativity.
We support all types of creative activities, exhibitions, workshops and performances across theatre, film, dance, music, poetry and visual art.
We want to make our town a more vibrant and creative place to live, work and visit.
Our mission is to:
- Get more people to experience the arts.
- Empower residents to make their own events happen.
- Increase the range and quality of the art that comes to Slough and is made here.
- Support the artists who are here.
- Build partnerships with national and international organisations to help us.
- Support the growth of the town’s cultural infrastructure and shape its future.
Developing Slough’s creative future
- HOME on the High Street – a creative pop-up space in the centre of the high street that we share with the community.
- Festivals Development – supporting local Festival development through arts and culture.
- HOME Foundations – building cultural capacity for communities and artists.
We are an action research project which means we like to take risks, reflect on what worked and what didn’t, gather evidence and share our learning widely.
We are part of the Creative People and Places Programme initiated and funded by Arts Council England through the National Lottery. There are 33 independent projects, each located in an area where people have traditionally had fewer opportunities to get involved with the arts. Creative People and Places projects have reached over 1.2 million people, 90% of who do not regularly engage in the arts.
HOME Slough is led by consortium of arts and community organisations, comprising Slough Council for Voluntary Service, Slough Borough Council, Clinical Commissioning Group, SEGRO, RIFCO and The Arts Council. We are funded by Arts Council England and Slough Borough Council.