Developing Slough’s Creative Future Together
What We Are All About
Our aim is to help revitalise arts and culture in Slough, providing new and innovative opportunities for people to both experience and express creativity. We want to make our town a more vibrant and creative place to live, work and visit.
- Get more people to experience the arts.
- Empower residents to make their own events happen.
- Increase the range and quality of the art that comes to Slough and is made here.
- Support the artists who are here.
- Build partnerships with national and international organisations to help us.
- Support the growth of the town’s cultural infrastructure and shape its future.
Read our FAQ to find out more.
We’re a Creative People and Places project
There are 30 Creative People and Places projects located in areas where people have traditionally had fewer opportunities to get involved with the arts. Creative People and Places projects have reached over 1.2 million people, 90% of who do not regularly engage in the arts.
HOME Slough is led by a consortium of arts and community organisations, comprising Slough Council for Voluntary Service, Slough Borough Council, NHS Frimley CCG, SEGRO, rifco theatre company and two community voice representatives.
What’s A CPP?
Creative People and Places (CPP) was developed by Arts Council England with funding from the National Lottery and it’s aims include:
- Communities taking the lead in shaping local arts provision.
- Establishing sustainable arts and cultural opportunities.
- Encouraging partnerships across the subsidised, amateur and commercial sectors.
- Demonstrating the power of the arts to enrich the lives of individuals and make positive changes in communities.
The video shows how this can be achieved, the impact that’s had on the people involved and that the immense possibilities.
HOME on the High Street is now closed
HOME on the High Street, our space in the centre of Slough, closed in late summer 2021. However, going forward, we will continue to deliver exciting and engaging art events in new spaces around the town.
Find out more about the new work we have planned.